How to install driver of optical-network-card and setup the ip-config
From cslt Wiki
Revision as of 12:14, 5 December 2018 by Zhangzy
Optical port network card plugging
- First verify the type of your Optical-network, usually PCI-E (x8/x16).
- Scan the mother-board to check if there are any PCI-E(x8/x16) left, then plug the card to the match one.
- Run "lspci |grep net" to see the numbers of network-card.
- Run "ethtool enp4s0" to check the speed property of the network-card. 1000 or 10000bits/s
- First check the chip-type and adapter-type of the network-card.
- Go to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/36773/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html to find the corresponding drivers.
- Download the source code of driver and then compile it on your target machine according to the README in src
- make & make install
- modinfo ./ixgbe.ko
- remove ixgbe
- insmod ixgbe
- modprobe ixgbe
- Run "systemctl start NetworkManager" and "nmtui" to grab the name of the new card.
- Copy raw electric-network-card config to the optical one."cp ifcfg-enp0s31f6 ifcfg-enp4s0"
- ifdown the electric-network-card && ifup optical-network-card
- Restart the network "systemctl restart network"